Eating at restaurants is part of our social fabric. If you never eat out, your social life may wither away. And restaurants are ready to cater to this need to eat by offering endless buffets.
The main issue here, however, is that buffet-style eating can ruin your weight loss efforts.
So here is how to make sure eating out doesn’t destroy your weight loss goals:
1. Be prepared: In other words, don’t just show up without a game plan. Doing so sets you up for a binge-like pig out session. A better approach is to have a general idea of what you will be eating, similar to having an outline before beginning to write something.
2. Keep tabs on the small stuff: You see, sometimes the small stuff can end up having more calories than the big stuff. All those side dishes and little desserts can have a massive amount of calories. So keep an eye on everything you eat.
3. Stay away from sugar: And any other fast digesting carbohydrate source as these will have a the worst impact on your weight loss efforts. Try to eat as many salads and vegetables as possible as these will fill up your stomach with volume and prevent massive sugar cravings.
4. Have watery soups: Soups that are broth-based or watery, have fewer calories and leave you feeling very full. Just be careful with creamy soups as they can be loaded with a lot of calories. And if you add vegetables to your soup, you’ll feel even fuller.
5. Be mindful of toppings and dressings: An overload of toppings and dressings can make the healthiest salad or soup become a caloric bomb. So don’t think that just because you have a salad it’s ok to load it with croutons, cheese and creamy dressing!
It is possible to eat out every so often while maintaining weight loss progress. The key here is to make sure you have some type of plan and to stick with it!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise expert and former fat arms sufferer, instructs on how to go sleeveless in 7 days. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website on how to go sleeveless in 7 days right now!